Download resume as PDF here
My name is Meghan Kearney and I am a student-athlete at Drake University seeking a public relations or marketing internship in the professional industry. Through my experiences, I have gained a relentless work ethic, time management skills and creative thinking skills that I have developed through recent work experience, as well as developed a strong leadership skills and a determination to succeed in both professional and personal endeavors.
Des Moines, Iowa
Major: Public Relations- Bachelor of Arts in Journalism and Mass Communications Spring 2019
Minor: Marketing and Graphic Design Spring 2019
Overall GPA: 3.5; Dean’s List Fall 2015, Spring 2016, Spring 2017
Presidential and NCAA Athletic Scholarships
Drake Knapp Center Ticket Office
Des Moines, IA
Ticket Clerk (September 2016- present)
Create weekly emails for season ticket holders giving a summary of the events that happened in the Drake Athletics. Serve as first point of contact for customers. Respond to phone calls, review ticket seating options, establish customer accounts and sell tickets for sports events, including the upcoming annual Drake Relays. Pack, sort and file account paperwork. Process cash and credit card transactions.
Des Moines, IA
Events Intern (Summer of 2017)
- Planned and carried out two events for the Iowa State Fair: Created press releases and social media posts. Wrote talking points for key note speakers. Created marketing and promotion materials. Responsible for set-up and tear down of each event.
- Planned statewide walk in four different cities: Finalized walk logo. Created a state-wide school challenge. Created toolkits for schools, communities, and workplace. Wrote press releases for all walk locations. Attended committee meetings for walks, answered emails and questions about walks.
- Created a sponsor report for Annual Conference
Kansas City, MO
Marketing and Public Relations intern (Summer of 2016)
- Captured photos and attended regional matches and tournaments.
- Helped coordinate and support various tennis matches.
- Shot and edited two highlight videos which included interviews and action footage.
- Wrote press releases, biographies and articles for the chapter’s website and annual magazine.
- Applied InDesign and Photoshop skills by designing an annual Kids Day calendar, player trading cards and event day stock cards.
Des Moines, IA
Event Planner (August 2016- present)
As a 3 year member of the Public Relations Student Society of America (PRSSA) organization, I lead the events planning efforts for the organization, planning weekly meetings and our annual on-campus PR Week arranging for visits by PR professionals around the Des Moines area. Identify and host events in various locations and advertise the events with posters and communications created in InDesign.
Awards and Acknowledgements
- Executive Committee Member of Drake’s PRSSA (Public Relations Student Society of America)
- Women’s Cross Country and Track Varsity athlete
- MVC Cross Country, Indoor and Outdoor conference runner
- Representative for Track and Field on SAAC (Student-Athlete Advisory Council)
- Collegiate Leadership Awards: Karla Burds athletic award. Nominated for the Top First Year Student athletic award
- Recipient of the Paul Morrison scholarship